[kdevqtdesigner] Help to port kdevqtdesigner in to KDevelop 5

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Thu Oct 18 06:44:59 BST 2018

On Wednesday, 17 October 2018 14:50:34 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Wednesday October 17 2018 13:06:19 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> >That is why plugins can be disabled if one does not use them.
> >Settings->Configure KDevelop...->Plugins, there disable all those you
> >personally do not need, by untoggling the checkbox of a plugin listed.
>
> Yeah, but it's never really clear which plugins are enabled when you start a
> new session, and AFAIK it isn't really possible either to unload plugins.
> More plugins also means longer build times if they cannot be (de)selected
> at that level.
>
> Qt Creator has a -noload option to disable loading of specific plugins at
> startup; I don't KDevelop has something similar, correct?

It has, in form of a env variable you can set:
  export KDEV_DISABLE_PLUGINS=$PLUGIN_ID

Example:
  export KDEV_DISABLE_PLUGINS=KDevWelcomePage

... or multiple ones:
  export KDEV_DISABLE_PLUGINS=KDevWelcomePage;$OTHER_PLUGIN_ID

Wouldn't mind having sth similar as QtC's -noload in KDevelop, though. Patches
welcome, I guess. This one should be relatively trivial.

Regards,
Kevin