[kdevqtdesigner] Help to port kdevqtdesigner in to KDevelop 5

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 13:50:34 BST 2018

On Wednesday October 17 2018 13:06:19 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:

>That is why plugins can be disabled if one does not use them.
>Settings->Configure KDevelop...->Plugins, there disable all those you
>personally do not need, by untoggling the checkbox of a plugin listed.

Yeah, but it's never really clear which plugins are enabled when you start a new session, and AFAIK it isn't really possible either to unload plugins.
More plugins also means longer build times if they cannot be (de)selected at that level.

Qt Creator has a -noload option to disable loading of specific plugins at startup; I don't KDevelop has something similar, correct?

>Miss it some more, and once you miss it enough to start researching the state,
>you will find that it got ported, that it had been done as KPart technology

Ah, indeed. I missed that, but then I've been keeping my KDE4 desktop and kuiviewer4 works just fine as a standalone viewer :)

>Not only because KParts with their single-view/single-document principle do

Can't you create a new, dedicated window and hand that to the KPart?

>current workflow options available. Everyone has different needs.

Yep, and you also cannot cater to everyone...