KDE and SDL2: some problem with syntax analyser

Luca Provenzani eufordia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 14:15:21 GMT 2018

Hi Kevin,

my answers below

thank you

Luca

Il 21/11/18 11:56, Kevin Funk ha scritto:
> On Wednesday, 21 November 2018 11:55:17 CET Kevin Funk wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 21 November 2018 08:37:58 CET Luca Provenzani wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> first of all it is right to say that I'm newbie on kdevelop, C++ and
>>> SDL. Than the question:
>>>
>>> I begin to setting up a new project with SDL2 and all is ok, I can
>>> compile, execute and so on. But there is an annoying thing: the language
>>> support doesn't work well. It highlights a lot of error and doesn't
>>> suggest properly, not recognising some SDL function or struct.
>> Hey Luca,
>>
>> so as I take it the SDL2 headers are properly found and you can "jump into"
>> (i.e. Ctrl+Click on "#include <SDL2/SDL.h>") them, right?
Yes, I confirm that

>>> The strange thing is that some function like
>>> "SDL_CreateTextureFromSurface" is recognized other not, like
>>> "SDL_LoadBMP" or struct like "SDL_Texture".
>> In your case it looks like none of the function mentioned could be found
>> (they're not colored in blue, like e.g. "SDL_GetError()").
>>
>> In case only some functions are not detected, then the problems is likely
>> that their declaration is could not be parsed properly. Could you jump into
>> SDL.h or SDL_surface.h and check whether SDL_LoadBMP/SDL_LoadBMP_RW could
>> not be parsed properly?

Here the definition of the function/macro SDL_LoadBMP in SDL_surface.h:

/extern DECLSPEC SDL_Surface *SDLCALL SDL_LoadBMP_RW(SDL_RWops * src,/
/                                                    int freesrc);/

//**/
/ *  Load a surface from a file./
/ */
/ *  Convenience macro./
/ *//
/#define SDL_LoadBMP(file)   SDL_LoadBMP_RW(SDL_RWFromFile(file, "rb"), 1)/

.. but, I don't see nothing really strange..

>> To me it looks like all the structs like SDL_Texture/SDL_Surface cannot be
>> parsed and thus cause follow up errors everywhere.
> Btw: If you could share the project (i.e. by zipping it up and sending it
> here), that'd help a lot!
Yes, no problem, I attached the tar.gz file of the project