KDevelop syntax parser is barely usable

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 12:10:44 GMT 2018

On Wednesday November 07 2018 11:11:12 Steve the Fiddle wrote:

> Kdevelop rarely crashes for me, so the database does not need to reparse
> from scratch very often, but I still often see KDevelop reparsing very
> slowly due to code changes outside of KDevelop (such as when Git bisecting).

For that reason I always set my config NOT to parse the entire project after opening, and I patch KDevelop so I have a "reparse entire project" action in the project manager context menu.

It also helps to "exclude from project" (= set up a filter) on build directories and patterns matching autoconf/automake temporary files.

Quit KDevelop explicitly before you log off, that way it's less likely to crash, and your next log in will be faster.