KDevelop syntax parser is barely usable

Aleksey Midenkov midenok at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 11:49:26 GMT 2018

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 1:33 PM René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday November 07 2018 13:17:28 Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
>
> >database is broken and is reparsing. And it breaks too much (several
> >times a day).
>
> That shouldn't happen, except if you cause KDevelop to crash and then NOT tell it to preserve the cache when restarting. Or if you somehow open the same session in different versions (an older one from your distro and a more recent AppImage version for instance).

That shouldn't happen but it happens. KDevelop crashes f.ex. when you
change git branch or when you do KDE shutdown: that's not me, who does
something illegal, I guess. In most cases database gets broken when
git branch is changed. I mean symbols become dull (unjumpable) and it
even doesn't start to reparse, you have to do it manually. Sometimes
it works correctly, but rarely (I would not call it satisfactory).
Branch with relatively big changes breaks database for sure. The truth
is: KDevelop is not production-ready for serious development.

--
All the best,

Aleksey Midenkov
@midenok