KDevelop syntax parser is barely usable

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 10:32:56 GMT 2018

On Wednesday November 07 2018 13:17:28 Aleksey Midenkov wrote:

>database is broken and is reparsing. And it breaks too much (several
>times a day).

That shouldn't happen, except if you cause KDevelop to crash and then NOT tell it to preserve the cache when restarting. Or if you somehow open the same session in different versions (an older one from your distro and a more recent AppImage version for instance).

>precise, but it worked always and it worked fast. Now kate has ctags
>plugin. Is it possible to utilize this plugin in kdevelop as a helper
>to syntax parser and make symbol jumping always available?

That should be possible, but you'd have to patch the ctags plugin json or .desktop file to declare itself as a kdevelop plugin too, I think (it should show something like `X-KDE-ServiceTypes=KTextEditor/Plugin,KDevelop/Plugin`).
Note however that you will probably NOT see the plugin's settings dialog in KDevelop so you'd have to configure it via Kate.

R.