How does KDevelop's quick open match names??

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 16:47:53 BST 2018

On 2018-07-24 16:36, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Note that the quickopen code base is very well unit tested. Meaning: try to
> look at the unit tests, extend the code to add a (failing) test for your
> situation. Then either also start to change the code to fix the test, or at
> least send in this new unit test code to quickstart the work for others (me?).

I took a quick look, but it isn't immediately obvious how the test code
works. (Maybe I'll take a longer look later.)

Meanwhile, I think a simple test would be to do a look-up for "foo" on
the list "a/foo.cpp", "a/bar.cpp", "a/farboo.cpp". IIUC, the current
behavior will select "a/farboo.cpp" as the 'top' match (because it *is*
a match, and it sorts lexicographically before "a/foo.cpp"), even though
the user more likely wanted the latter.

--
Matthew