Strange bug in code highlighting

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Tue Feb 27 16:12:54 GMT 2018

On 26/02/18 20:47, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Is this a known issue? Should I file a bug report (if so, against what
> component?)?

Yes, it's known. It is extremely difficult to trace though. I think the
reason is somehow related to the modification revision attached to the
parse job not fitting the contents, i.e. a race-condition between
reading the contents of the document and the modification revision. Then
if you insert a line in between these events, the syntax highlighting is
translated one line wrong and you get this effect.

It might also be related to saving the file at the "wrong" time, because
I'm not sure the transition from the "unsaved" to the "on-disk" state is
handled correctly when it happens at some random point during creating
the parse job.

Any insights on how to reproduce the issue are very welcome, I already
spent hours trying to find it but didn't achieve much, mostly because it
happens really really rarely.

Best,
Sven