Strange bug in code highlighting

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 19:47:15 GMT 2018

I've been seeing this for quite some time (I think since KDE4 days,
even), but only just now realized what's happening. Sometimes, KDevelop
will (seemingly) randomly colorize blocks of code that don't seem to
match up to anything, often starting and ending color in the middle of a
word. This is most noticeable when color gets applied to a comment.

I just realized that the coloring that's happening is "correct"... for a
*different line*. See attached screen shot, which shows both the problem
and this observation; the coloring of the comment (top of screen shot)
is correct for the actual code two lines lower (bottom of screen shot).
This off-by-two problem seems to continue for the entire file.

Note that reloading the file (File → Reload) does not help. However,
forcing a reparse, via the "reload" action on the project folder
containing the file in question, seems to fix the issue, so I guess the
code model is getting out of sync with the actual file contents somehow.

Is this a known issue? Should I file a bug report (if so, against what
component?)?

Thanks,

--
Matthew