5.2.1 appimage parser problem

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 08:37:44 GMT 2018

Hi,

>use 5.2.1 appimage I get tons of clang errors and parser does not work at
>all. I first thought it was a problem with version 5.2.1 since appimage is
>supposed to be self contained and should not conflict with system
>libraries/clang.

There is one possibility for interaction that I know of: Mesa. It has a software GL emulation driver (for Gallium IIRC) that is based on LLVM. I run into that regularly when I use KDevelop on a remote display; it usually causes weird crashes because of mixing and (mis)matching two libLLVM version at runtime. In my case I can solve it by making the libLLVM used by Mesa a symlink to the (much newer) one used by the KDevelop clang parser.

To check if this is also the cause of your problem you'd need to locate the temp. directory into which the KDevelop appimage is unpacked, find the libLLVM in it, extract it and copy it alongside the library used by Mesa. You can then redirect the symlink used by Mesa. In my case that's libLLVM-3.8.so.1 ;

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       20 Feb  9 14:30 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libLLVM-3.8.so.1 -> libLLVM-3.8.so.1.org
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 40362424 Jul 18  2017 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libLLVM-3.8.so.1.org

When I need to run KDevelop remotely I have to do

%> sudo ln -sf libLLVM-5.0.so.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libLLVM-3.8.so.1

(For some reason something restores the link automatically so I don't run the risk of forgetting about this kludge...)

R.