AppImage Font issue

Dominic Walsh dominic.a.walsh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 19:53:30 BST 2018

Dear KDevelop fans,

I have run the AppImage version of KDevelop on Ubuntu 14.04 for the last 2
years and it has been great.

However, I have inadvertently changed something on my machine such that the
fonts in the Konsole & Debug windows are replaced with little squares.

I believe the AppImage has bundled fonts but still takes "guidance" from
the host system. I have looked for font configuration in *rc files in my
.config and .kde/share/config directories but to no avail.

Can anyone tell me how to get out of this mess?

thanks

Dominic