TCL

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 12:32:44 GMT 2017

On Tuesday November 14 2017 12:42:14 Aleix Pol wrote:

>That's not constructive, René.

I'm not going to make a fuss about this, but I disagree - the above was certainly intended to be constructive.

>We have never claimed that you can't use anything that isn't
>supported, it's just that it's not supported by our standards.

Be that as it may, you are giving off negative signals that are bound to turn away part of the potential user population, and thus also part of the pool of potential contributors.

Trust me on this, I've learned this kind of lesson the hard way in a completely different context (and I'm only going to admit that a single time). Always present the bottle as half full rather than half empty, and above all avoid giving the impression you don't care about all potential applications of what you're working on (IOW, people might think you're just doing it for yourself, and that's one of the domains where sometimes you might care about what others think).

Over and out AFAIAC.

R.