Custom installation fails to load plugins

Aleksey Midenkov midenok at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 12:01:18 GMT 2017

There are numerious error messages for my custom installation (which
is not guaranteedly correct):

kdevplatform.shell: Unable to load plugin named "kdevappwizard"
because not all mandatory properties are set.
kdevplatform.shell: Unable to load plugin named "kdevexecute" because
not all mandatory properties are set.
kdevplatform.shell: Unable to load plugin named "kdevexternalscript"
because not all mandatory properties are set.

I found out that there is no `X-KDevelop-Version` property at this check:

94          // the version property is only required when the plugin
is not installed into the right directory
95          QVariant version = info.rawData().value(KEY_Version()).toVariant();
96          if (version.isValid() && version.value<int>() ==
KDEVELOP_PLUGIN_VERSION) {
97              return true;
98          }

(gdb) p info
$2 = (const KPluginMetaData &) @0x7fffffff9c08: {
  m_metaData = {
    ["KPlugin"] = {
      ["Authors"] = {{
          ["Name"] = "Alexander Dymo",
          ["Name[uk]"] = "Олександр Димо",
          ["Name[x-test]"] = "xxAlexander Dymoxx"
        }},
      ["Category"] = "Core",
      ["ServiceTypes"] = {"KDevelop/Plugin"},
      ["Version"] = "0.1"
    },
    ["X-KDevelop-Category"] = "Global",
    ["X-KDevelop-Interfaces"] = {"org.kdevelop.ITemplateProvider"},
    ["X-KDevelop-Mode"] = "GUI"
  },
  m_fileName = "/home/midenok/src/kde/kdevelop/stable/kdevplatform.build/plugins/appwizard/kdevappwizard.so",
  d = {
    d = 0x0
  }
}

Where this `X-KDevelop-Version` should be set for each plugin? I only
found it in kdevelopplugin.desktop which is some kind of template and
does not contain real value.

--
All the best,

Aleksey Midenkov