KDevelop 5 too slow?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue May 30 17:30:38 BST 2017

On Tuesday May 30 2017 17:57:55 Sven Brauch wrote:

> If you overwrite your cache you cannot just cancel the job and use the
> half-overwritten cache ...

Ah yes, indeed, that's the bit I missed. Still, is it not possible to let that operation terminate (and then reload the cache) without making the user wait for it, once you know you're not going to be using the information you were planning to wait for? Not a very elegant solution, but it could do as a stop-gap measure while something better is implemented upstream (and it'd work with older clang versions that don't get the patch).

I wonder how Xcode approaches this. It must also be based on clang's parser.

R.