first try of KDevelop 5.0.4

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Mar 27 20:57:43 BST 2017

On Sonntag, 19. März 2017 15:07:34 CEST Django wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Ok -- probably related to the AppImage, that has a bit of strange stuff
> > > for the subprocesses going on. Is your application open-source?
>
> No - its not published
>
> > Django, can you show us the output/backtrace of the crash in your
> > application when you run it from KDevelop?
>
> How can I get such a backtrace?

I suggest something like this:

gdb kdevelop
(gdb) run -s <your session>
# wait until everything has finished initialization
# i.e. just before you are about to run your application
# interrupt GDB by pressing Ctrl + C in the CLI, then type:
(gdb) set follow-fork-mode child
(gdb) continue
# now launch your process via kdevelop

It should crash again and you should have GDB notice that. You can then get a
backtrace via

(gdb) thread apply all bt

> > Do you also see it with other applications, or only this one you developed
> > yourself?
>
> I did not spend much time in investigation and of cause, I did not test
> anything else. As the new releases don't offer things, I am missing, I'm
> fine staying at 4.7
>
> Just wanted to inform you.
>
> If it helps you, I'm willing to do some more testing based on your
> recommendations. If not - never mind :)

Please do look into this - it is potentially a grave issue somwhere. So do
look at the GDB steps above, and do test some other applications to see if
they are affected too.

Cheers

--
Milian Wolff