first try of KDevelop 5.0.4

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Sun Mar 19 10:55:01 GMT 2017

Hi,

On 03/19/2017 08:27 AM, Django wrote:
> Ok, nothing new on that item - but I found out, that my app, developed with
> KDevelop 4.8 crashes with 5.0.4 as well as with beta version.

I didn't understand that. You mean, you wrote an application and it
crashes when you launch it from KDevelop 5.0.4 and it doesn't when you
do from 4.8?
That's very strange -- KDevelop does nothing except just launching the
process. I don't think this issue is related to KDevelop.

> I'm running debian stable, so 4.8 is the version supported by debian and 5.0.4
> downloaded as AppImage.
>
> Starting the beta-version from commandline rises this message when crashing
> with my app:
> /tmp/.mount_1cwAhr/AppRun: Zeile 35:  6968 Speicherzugriffsfehler  kdevelop $@

What do you mean by beta-version? 5.0.80?

> I'm using -std=c++14 and trying cppcheck from beta fails, as it does not
> understand c++14 features.

Hmm, wait, I thought you cannot launch the beta version? :/
Sorry, I'm confused.

> P.S. I don't like the new grafical scrollbars with text-preview. Is there an
> option to change scrollbars to desktop standard?
>
> P.P.S. I miss the symbol column, where in 4.8 it is possible to enable/disable
> breakpoints with a single mouseclick. Is this customizable?

Both can be changed in the Configure Editor dialog, under Appearance ->
Borders.

Greetings,
Sven