Errors in compilation

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 08:44:15 BST 2017

On Thursday June 22 2017 10:22:54 Leon Pollak wrote:

>Its just filling the build frame with a lot of messages and forces me to
>scroll through them to check that there were no errors, which are hardly
>noticed because of this flood....

This touches on something that I've noticed too, the build output view is actually one of the least usable (or should I say sleek?) features in KDevelop, IMHO. At the very least it could do with a feature found in other IDEs allowing to filter out either the (compiler) warnings or the errors (or both).

It doesn't help that since a few iterations, the build log opens taking about 1/3rd the width of the area at most instead of simply replacing the current toolview. One can debate whether the build output should always come to the front, but as long as this behaviour is not under user control I'd say that the old behaviour of just replacing the current toolview was the better option.

R.