Help Please

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed Jul 12 22:38:11 BST 2017

On Wednesday, 12 July 2017 18:53:55 CEST Martin Becker wrote:
> Dear Reader
>
> I haven't done programming for a while and kdevelop used to be my goto IDE.
> I installed it today and there is no menu, no file/edit... and I really
> struggle.
>
> Is there any possibility of giving me back control and access to what I
> would like to do or has menus been abandoned all together?

This needs way more information
- where did you install KDevelop from?
- which version?

Here's how KDevelop 5.x looks these days:
  https://www.kdevelop.org/

If you have problems getting your installation of KDevelop to work, try the
AppImage here:
  https://www.kdevelop.org/download -- just 3 commands in the terminal

Hope that helps,
Kevin