open document dropdown menu and focus

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 21:34:41 BST 2017

Hi,

I've asked about this issue before, but since it seems to have gotten worse for me I'll try again:

When I select an open document via the open document dropdown menu to the left of the tabbar, the view does switch to the document in question but the focus remains on the previous document (under X11). IOW, the window titlebar continues to show the previous filename, and keyboard input doesn't go where you'd expect it to go. That includes shortcuts like ^W to close the document.

In practice this is particularly annoying when I'm cleaning up a session, closing files I left open. Select a document via that menu, hit ^W and I realise the displayed tab contents don't disappear and then that I #$@#! closed some other document once again, without even having a clear idea which one.

Am I really the only one seeing this kind of behaviour? Is there a simple expression I can add to an appropriate function to force the focus to the newly activated document (maybe simply in the dropdown menu callback function) or is this something that requires a more proper fix?

Thanks,
René