KDE vs. native/Qt file dialogs

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 09:00:58 GMT 2017

PS: the only use case (in KDevelop) where I do prefer the native Mac dialog is selecting a directory, e.g. the build directory for CMake projects. In that case the simplicity of the native dialogs allows me to go faster even if I often get hindered by the fact they treat symlinks to directories as symlinks (and date-sort them according to the symlink mod. date, not the target's).

But I don't see that dialog being governed by KDE_FULL_SESSION so the reason I get the native version is elsewhere.