KDevelop can't load project: "too large document"?

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 21:59:51 GMT 2017

On 2017-12-08 16:35, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Wednesday December 06 2017 15:25:57 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>
>> Ah, okay, I see; I was mixing up the server and the job. So... yeah, it
>> does seem like your patch would also help.
>
> Have you been able to look into this some more?

Hmm, weeeeell... I hadn't, but I tried just now, and with both patches,
it went boom (in the CMakeServerJob's dtor).

> But the main point here is that your oversized JSON object is
encountered in a function that also seems to handle all other server
replies. Evidently you wouldn't want to start a legacy import procedure
if some trivial query returns an error after the project has already
been imported successfully.

True. Although, with CMake's current design, I'm not sure there *are*
meaningful queries that might be made after asking for the code model.
Anyway, I'm not fiddling in that logic; the response handler *already*
has that behavior. (A "normal" error from the server already causes the
job to quit. All I did was twist a QJson error into looking like an
error from the server in order to hijack that.) So, I guess whoever
wrote that code originally already wasn't too worried about that case.

At any rate, it's probably safe enough to apply at least my patch, which
gets us to an assuredly better position than we're at otherwise. (Can
you do that? Or else remind me how to submit changes for KDevelop? It's
been a long time since I submitted anything, and I believe the process
has changed in the mean time...)

--
Matthew