KDevelop can't load project: "too large document"?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 21:35:58 GMT 2017

On Wednesday December 06 2017 15:25:57 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> Ah, okay, I see; I was mixing up the server and the job. So... yeah, it
> does seem like your patch would also help.

Have you been able to look into this some more?

I had a better look myself and realised I probably missed a few details before. I was right that the choice between cmake-server import and "legacy" import is made depending on if cmake starts in server mode. I'm less certain that it's trivial to come back from that decision: once cmake accepts to run in server mode the `successfulConnection()` method apparently controls the project for as long as the server runs. We'd have to figure out how this implementation reacts to cmake exitting for instance.
But the main point here is that your oversized JSON object is encountered in a function that also seems to handle all other server replies. Evidently you wouldn't want to start a legacy import procedure if some trivial query returns an error after the project has already been imported successfully.

R.