meson or generic ninja support?

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Mon Aug 7 08:59:44 BST 2017

On Sunday, 6 August 2017 08:45:06 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Saturday August 05 2017 01:18:20 Aleix Pol wrote:
> >Of course not. You should start a meson plugin, not refactor the cmake one.
>
> Frankly, I don't know (and don't have much incentive to find out) what's
> better/easier, strip the unneeded parts from the cmake plugin or start
> something completely from scratch.

The compile_command.json parser should be factored out. The file format is
build system agnostic. A couple of different build systems actually support
generating these files (CMake, QBS, <a couple of hand-written scripts>, ...).

For the rest, you'd still need a new plugin for Meson though.

Regards,
Kevin