meson or generic ninja support?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 07:45:06 BST 2017

On Saturday August 05 2017 01:18:20 Aleix Pol wrote:

>Of course not. You should start a meson plugin, not refactor the cmake one.

Frankly, I don't know (and don't have much incentive to find out) what's better/easier, strip the unneeded parts from the cmake plugin or start something completely from scratch.

I've seen only 1 aspect for now where meson is very different from both configure and cmake: you cannot reinvoke it in an already configured build tree. Instead, you have to use the mesonconf executable, which doesn't have exactly the same calling signature.