KDEV 5.0.1 line spacing question

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Sep 21 17:14:26 BST 2016

On Mittwoch, 21. September 2016 13:22:46 CEST Leon Pollak wrote:
> Thank you, Milian.
> I have the same font set for all the KDE and it is Consolas.
> I doubt that this is the problem of the font as what has changed is the line
> spacing. In both kdevelops the font and its size are the same.

That is odd, I have never seen such a difference.

> BTW, I see the same spacing as in version 4.7.3 in all other applications
> based on KDE 4 (kmail, kaddressbook, etc.).

What about other Qt 5 based applications? A more modern Kate e.g.?

> Definitly, stupid question, but still - when I go to "System Settings" I see
> the Qt version older than one the kdevelop was compiled with. Can this be
> the cause?

Well sure, KDE 4 uses Qt 4, KF5 and KDevelop 5 uses Qt 5. There have been some
changes in font rendering, but I don't remember anyone ever complaining about
line spacing... Note that we do not configure line heights at all - we simply
ask the font for its height and use that.

Bye

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de