A possible way to get debug lanuch working in MS Windows

Michael George Hart michael.george.hart at gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:44:24 BST 2016

Kevin
    When I run  your windows build of kdevelop 4.90.92 in a Cygwin
Terminal, I am able to create and build projects independently of any of
the  MS development tools; all the tools I am using are coming directly
Cygwin eg cmake, gcc 5.3.0. To accomplish this I simply configure CMake for
“Unix Makefile.”

Everything I have played with in your windows build of kdevelop works
great… wonderful!!!!

Now I am getting greedy; I want to be able to do a debug launch to run my
apps, rather than switching to a separate "ddd" environment for gdb
--normal executable launch works great!

I just pulled zip of the kdevelop 5.0 from the git repository.
I removed all reference to KF5, KDE, and QT from Cygwin; my Cygwin is
completely command line tools from UNIX/LINUX with the exception of pure
X-Windows stuff like ddd that sill works great

I have unzip the kdevplatform and did a Projects -> “Open / Import …” and
obviously the cmake choked (see text above) since there is no longer any
QT, KDE, or KF5 within my Cygwin system.

I noticed you sent me just enough to run kdevelop.exe but not headers or
lib files. Is it possible for you to send me your entire build environment
so I may attempt to build all of kdevelop 5 while in a Cygwin Terminal and
thus be able to pull in the gdb debug launch feature

Something to think about;
Michael

C:/Users/u436735/Development/cygwin/home/u436735/Documents/kdevelop-5/kdevplatform-5.0/build>
C:/Users/u436735/Development/cygwin/bin/cmake.exe
"-DCMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS=ON" "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug"
C:/Users/u436735/Development/cygwin/home/u436735/Documents/kdevelop-5/kdevplatform-5.0
See also
"/home/u436735/Documents/kdevelop-5/kdevplatform-5.0/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also
"/home/u436735/Documents/kdevelop-5/kdevplatform-5.0/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
CMake Error at /usr/lib/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake:26 (find_package):
  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Script" with
  any of the following names:

    Qt5ScriptConfig.cmake
    qt5script-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Script" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Qt5Script_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "Qt5Script" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
  been installed.
Call Stack (most recent call first):

C:/Users/u436735/Development/cygwin/home/u436735/Documents/kdevelop-5/kdevplatform-5.0/CMakeLists.txt:42
(find_package)

*** Failure: Exit code 1 ***