Kdevelop 4.7.3 on kubuntu 16.04 slow file open

Erik Rull erik.rull at rdsoftware.de
Tue May 24 18:00:20 BST 2016

Hi all,

I upgraded to kubuntu 16.04 LTS today and wanted to continue my work with
the new kdevelop version. But the file open performance is terrible.
I select the file from the dialog, the dialog disappears and it takes more
than 10 seconds to open even small files (some lines of code).

There is enough disk space and memory available and the disk is fast enough.

Any ideas on how to speed up this task? Worked fine and performant on the
14.04 LTS...

Thanks.

Best regards,

Erik