Some feedback from a new user

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Sun Jul 10 19:32:48 BST 2016

Hi!

I'm new to Kdevelop, and I want to use it to browse the Gwenview source code.
Here is some feedback on Kdevelop.

First, I create a new session and add Gwenview as a project. So far, so good.

I browse the source code of a class via the "classes" tool. There is this
declaration: class ConfigDialog : public KConfigDialog

When I open a new file, I always have to enlarge the font, because the
standard font is very small.

I hover the mouse over KConfigDialog, or use the Code Browser. There, the
documentation is shown. But it is just plain text, no formatting, although
the text contains tags.

I jump to the declaration of KConfigDialog, and there is "class
KCONFIGWIDGETS_EXPORT KConfigDialog : public KPageDialog". I want to browse
KPageDialog, but the following message appears: "Problem in Semantic Analysis:
Declaration not Found: KPageDialog".

"KPageDialog" also isn't accessible through the class browser.

Then I go back to Gwenview's configdialog.h file, and want to know which
source file(s) include it. But I couldn't find a way to display this.

But what I'm really missing, is support for properly browsing the
documentation. There ist the "documentation" tool, but I couldn't find out how
to use ist. I also couldn't find it in the KDevelop manual.

Happy hacking,
Volker