How to setup many related projects in one session

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Jan 12 22:15:29 GMT 2016

On Dienstag, 12. Januar 2016 07:51:47 CET Michael Goltsman wrote:
> Greetings,
> I am a new to KDevelop and looking for information. Particularly, I need to
> create a session containing many C++ project depending on one another. Let
> us say, I have an application, shared library A, B and C where A depends on
> C (meaning C must be built before building A).

You can open all of these projects and configure the sequential build job list
like you describe.

> Additionally, I would like to keep the object files of each project
> separately, all the libraries together and the application on the third
> place. Please advise. Best regards,

Object files are not placed anywhere by KDevelop itself. It just calls CMake
or similar which you can configure to your likings to put the files wherever
you want them to.

These questions somehow make me feel you don't even have setup the build
toolchain for your project(s) yet - is that correct? I advise you to read up
on CMake and get acquainted with it.

Cheers

--
Milian Wolff