Kdevelop 4 vs. 3.5

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 17:52:06 GMT 2016

On Saturday January 02 2016 18:40:49 Erik Rull wrote:

> Thanks. This causes some new dependencies regarding libstdc++6 Version >=5
> which is not directly available for 14.04.

Interesting, that's probably because I have gcc-5 installed. I'm not on my Linux machine right now, but I think you can see from the PPA dependencies where I get gcc-5. It's in an official Ubuntu PPA.

> Okay, as soon as I have the system back running kdevelop, I'll give it
> another try! Is there a way to see which files finally got included?

Yes, if their targets appear ;)

> Thanks - but if the issue is related to remote X - I think that 3.5 won't
> improve here...

Actually it is not impossible that Qt3 does better over remote X11 than Qt4 (which in it turns definitely does better than Qt5).
But if your reference (your old system on which you had KDevelop3) didn't use remote X11 then no, I wouldn't bother.

Cheers,
René