Kdevelop parser

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 11:38:56 GMT 2016

On Sunday February 28 2016 11:05:00 Erik Rull wrote:

>But I have sometimes trouble with the background parser.
>It seems as if this parser parses nearly everything that is available -
>even .c files that I never reference directly. I would assume that parsing
>.h files is sufficient for auto completion.

By default the parser will parse your complete project, i.e. everything in it that it knows how to parse, plus the header files those files include.
Your best option is probably to go into the settings menu and under Projects untick the option to parse projects automatically. That way, and if I understand correctly, only files you open will be parsed.

I *think* this is a per-session setting, so you'll have to verify it for each session you have/create.

R.