How do I get KDevelop to be functional for me?

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu May 21 23:34:52 BST 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 11:53 PM, Ima Victim <please-hack-me at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I can't install several key features. Without them, KDevelop is 100%
> worthless to me as a development environment.
>
> 1. C++ and Clang support conflict, why? I use both g++ and clang in single
> projects.
> 2. I have some Python 2 and Python 3 projects , yet I can't install support
> for both in KDevelop.
>
> Is there a workaround or is KDevelop hopelessly gimped and useless?
>
> And forcing subversion on my machine? Seriously? Who uses that garbage any
> more, much less make it a dependency?
>
> I guess if I were living in 2002 this would be decent...

Hi Ima,
First of all, I don't appreciate the tone. If you address people who
are willing to work with you, we at least deserve a respectful
dialogue.

1. We're talking about parsers here, in KDevelop we will use our old
c++ support or the clang plugin that we're working on. This has little
to do with the compiler you'll end up using to compile the binaries.
2. I'm unsure how to sort that out as I never use Python myself, maybe
Sven has a good idea. Either way, feel free to report it as a bug or
even to help.

And last, we don't force anyone to install subversion. Maybe your
distributor makes you though.

Regards,
Aleix

PS: In 2002 there was neither Python 3 nor Clang.