How do I get KDevelop to be functional for me?

Ima Victim please-hack-me at hotmail.com
Thu May 21 22:53:15 BST 2015

I can't install several key features. Without them, KDevelop is 100% worthless to me as a development environment.

1. C++ and Clang support conflict, why? I use both g++ and clang in single projects.
2. I have some Python 2 and Python 3 projects , yet I can't install support for both in KDevelop.

Is there a workaround or is KDevelop hopelessly gimped and useless?

And forcing subversion on my machine? Seriously? Who uses that garbage any more, much less make it a dependency?

I guess if I were living in 2002 this would be decent...