New version debugger issue.

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Tue Jul 14 15:13:01 BST 2015

Hi, Aleix.

> I'm using gdb 7.9 (from ArchLinux) and it works fine. I haven't had
> any regressions in the past, even when I had 7.7. I'm unsure about the
> nature of your issue, but it's probably related to ARM or to actually
> using remote debugging (which I haven't so far).
I am in doubts that it is the ARM issue - plane text gdb works fine, the
project is exactly the same, just the kdevelop changes.
It happened for me in two cases - pure FC21 installation and FC20 upgrade.
I also understand that I am not alone - Funkster too have the similar issue, I
understand.

I di not understood you - did you tried the 7.7 version with the last kdevelop
version(s), for example 4.7.1?

Thanks.

On Tuesday 14 July 2015 16:04:54 Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 12:54 PM, Leon Pollak <leonp at plris.com> wrote:
> > Hello, all again.
> >
> > Thanks to Milian, I have the working kdevelop.
> >
> > Now I should like to return to the main issue: the new versions of
kdevelop
> > debugger does not work within my current environment, which is cross
debugging
> > of ARM based computer from PC running Fedora. My gdb is 7.7.
> >
> > 1. The first case was when I installed the FC21 and the new kdevelop.
After
> > installation I saw this MI error and nothing worked.
> > I tried to recompile the kdevelop to old version and wasn't able to do
this.
> > Then I simply re-installed FC20 and worked with 4.5.2 till it came to the
FC20
> > update.
> >
> > 2. I did not noticed (and forgot, really) that FC20 upgrade installed the
> > 4.7.1 version, which immediately stopped to debug with this MI error.
> > Now, I had no chance but to downgrade...
> >
> > So:
> > - Is this issue with the MI error known?
> > - May it be the gdb-7.7 version I use?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > Leon