kdevelop (4.90.90) on remote display?

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 30 17:29:20 GMT 2015

On 30/01/15 18:26, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> I've noticed that Qt applications aren't really fit for
> remote displaying; even for simple things as vi editing
> (compare that to a remote xterm, where you hardly notice
> it's not running locally on a fast LAN)
Qt applications over network work well exactly if you use the
"native" graphicssystem, because the default (raster) renders
the pixmaps on the server, and then sends them to the client
to display. Since "native" was afaik removed for Qt5, I'd say
yeah, remote X11 for Qt applications is pretty much dead.
Better look for a remote desktop solution.

Greetings,
Sven