kdevelop (4.90.90) on remote display?

Nicolai Hähnle-Montoro nhaehnle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 16:12:53 GMT 2015

Generally, I have found using KDevelop remotely to be a losing proposition.

What's your use case? I do a lot of development of software that is
both compiled and run remotely (on big fat compute servers), but I run
KDevelop locally. Perhaps we can find some ways to improve KDevelop
for this type of use.

Cheers,
Nicolai

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 4:46 PM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday January 30 2015 16:04:21 Sven Brauch wrote:
>
>>As far as I know in 4 you could use -graphicssystem native to get fast
>>network transparency, but Qt 5 no longer supports that, or am I mistaken?
>
> Hi,
>
> Hard to say, KDE4 applications (usually) had a --help-all option to print also the commandline options provided by Qt, but that one appears to be gone too. Yet Qt5 still has -style, and also provides -platform choose another platform plugin where supported/available (linuxfb, minimal, offscreen, xcb on linux).

Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.