kdevelop (4.90.90) on remote display?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 4 21:48:32 GMT 2015

On 2015-02-04 16:41, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I'm more concerned about Qt applications being non-starter over remote
> X. That's going to be really, really painful and make me really annoyed.

*That* said, I just did a quick test of a (non-kf5) Qt5 application over
X forwarding, and it generally seemed to work (lost my color scheme, but
that's maybe not surprising since it's otherwise inheriting it from X
and not Qt/KDE as Qt4 apps would). This is an OpenGL application, also,
and my own GL stuff also worked just fine.

Maybe the OP's problem has to do with various differences between the
client and server X libraries?

--
Matthew