git/commit view and multiple copies of the files with changes in the normal view

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 10:19:40 GMT 2015

On Friday December 18 2015 18:17:43 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

Actually, I can reproduce the weird behaviour described below in 4.90.90 KF5 version from around April, on Linux.

- open a git/commit patch review view containing one or more files with changes
- use the widget in the top-right corner to switch back to the code view: multiple copies of that (those) file(s) are open. You may even see them being opened if your system is slow or swamped enough, before the patch review view is fully opened
- switching back to the patch review view and cancelling the commit will leave multiple copies open (happened at least once to me).

It seems that the underlying issue here is that somewhere during the patch review generation, files are being opened multiple times, and left open in the (hidden) normal coding view. Can anyone confirm this, either in 4.7.2 or in the current 5 version?

Thanks,
René