Cancelling a git/commit view restores multiple copies of the files with changes in the normal view

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 17:17:43 GMT 2015

Hi,

Here's a bit of weird behaviour I've just begun noticing in one of my sessions (KDevelop 4.7.2).

Normally, I can use git/commit (from the context menu) to open only the files that have non-committed changes; when I cancel the commit, those files remain open.
That still happens when I have at least one file open (regardless whether it has uncommitted changes). But when I try to use this feature to open only files with changes from a clean slate, I end up with 2-4 (and sometimes more) copies of each file open for editing.
Curiously I've never noticed before; could this be related to a dbus/klauncher/kio/whatever IPC glitch currently happening on my system?
Can anyone reproduce this symptom?

Git/Show DIfferences has the opposite effect: it closes all files with changes, which may part of a patch I introduced (initially intended to prevent frequent crashes on closing the patchreview view).

PS: I'm still getting close to updating to KDevelop5; there are too many small and less small things with KF5 Frameworks that I want to address first, and I prefer to do that using tools that are not affected by them (i.e. KDevelop 4.7).

Cheers,
René