Plaintext format for custom include paths

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 18 18:32:20 BST 2014

On 2014-09-09 14:52, Piotr Dziwinski wrote:
> I have a question regarding the new mechanism for specifying custom
> include paths in KDevelop 4.7. I see that the new plugin
> "custom-definesandincludes" has changed the previous mechanism of
> listing include paths in ".kdev_include_paths" files to settings kept in
> project's settings file.
>
> This is unfortunate for me since I use a set of scripts for
> automatically managing the ".kdev_include_paths" file for a large
> project. The new settings file is saved using QDataStream and not in
> simple plaintext as before and I cannot easily read or write to it using
> bash scripts anymore.
>
> So I'm wondering if there is a chance to restore previous behaviour or
> change the format to be more plaintext-like?

Something related that bums me out... it seems 4.7 no longer reads
existing .kdev_include_paths files(?), which means all the custom
include paths for quite a few projects I'd previously set up need to be
redone. Is there a technical reason KDevelop can't use
.kdev_include_paths files like a base config and merge the
settings-based paths on top? This would probably solve Piotr's issue as
well as ensure that existing settings are not lost.

--
Matthew