How to quickly copy current filename?

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Fri Nov 28 12:20:49 GMT 2014

On Friday 28 November 2014 12:08:14 Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Friday 28 November 2014 12:07:36 Milian Wolff wrote:

> > > It's not so quick. It requires a lot of things:
> > >
> > > 1. switch to Projects
> > > 2. Locate current file
> > > 3. Copy
> > > 4. switch back to where you were

> > > Thanks! I will post a feature request for the best times when I will
> > > have
> > > time.
> >
> > There is a shortcut that you can use to locate the current file in the
> > project toolview. I have it defined to "CTRL + <". Do we really need to
> > clutter our context menu more, esp. with _four_ actions? I don't think so.
> > How often do you need the full path? I never needed that, so -1 from my
> > side.
>
> And btw, you could also create an "external script" in KDevelop, which
> passes the full path of the current document to e.g. xclip. So really,
> please don't add another context menu.

Well, that's non-obvious for newcomers.

> Bye

Another idea I had in mind some time already: Let's just show the context menu
of project tree view items in the tab context menu as well. I.e. "RMB on tab"
-> More Actions. (Note that there are people not having the project tree view
open by default)

Example use-case: One might want to rename the current document, and you could
do so by doing RMB on tab -> More Actions -> Rename.

This would also cover the issue of Aleksey here.

Opinions?