about auto-complete

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Jun 26 11:54:48 BST 2014

On Tuesday 24 June 2014 09:48:04 束庆邦 wrote:
> hello all,
> I have written for auto-complete problem before. now there still have two
> problems to me. the first one is the old one, I want the code auto-complete
> to be case-sensitive.

I don't think we will enforce case-sensitive code completion. You are the only
person I know so far who complains about this. If it bugs you so much, provide
a patch which makes this setting configurable in the kate editor settings.

> the second question is : as a example, if there is a word of "test", and if
> I move the cursor to the front of the "test", and input "pre" and the full
> seems to be "pretest", now the kdevelop will tip the "pretest" as a
> canditor for auto-complete. In most case, this is not a necessary one.
> because the most I want to may be pre... test. not pretest.

That is a valid wish request. Report it on bugs.kde.org in the Kate component.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de