Hand editing .kdev4/myproject.kdev4

Alvin Beach alvinbeach at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 18:17:25 BST 2014

Is there a way, in BASH, to edit values stored in the .kdev4 project
file that start with "@Variant()"?

I have a vanilla, carefully configured KDevelop4 project and source
directory (think of it as an application template). I have a script
that copies this project and uses various command line tools (awk,
sed, etc.) to modify the files. When I want to start a new project, I
run the script and it creates a new directory with the desired project
name and modified source tree.

Everything works great, but I haven't found a way to modify/update the
"Build Sequence".

In the .kdev4/myproject.kdev4, "Build Sequence" seems to stored in:

   BuildItems=@Variant(\x00\x00\x00....)

>From my searching, this is JSON or some other format. Found a search
result that showed KDevelop::stringToQVariant() or something like
that.

Just curious if it would be possible to convert the BuildItems value
into a string, modify it and then convert it back?

My other idea is that I really should be using KDevelop Project
Templates. I've looked into that in the past, but could never get it
to work.

KDevelop 4.6.0
KDevPlatform 4.13.3

Thanks,