klauncher said: Unknow protocol error / unable to create io-slave in KF5

Gregor Mi codestruct at posteo.org
Fri Jul 25 11:39:27 BST 2014

Hi,

I have the same error message with dolphin (and other KF5 applications):

dolphin(27439)/(default) KIO::ProtoQueue::createSlave: couldn't create
slave: "Unable to create io-slave: klauncher said: Unknown protocol ''."

(On the GUI it looks like this:
http://wstaw.org/m/2014/07/25/plasma-desktopsK1888.png
http://wstaw.org/m/2014/07/25/plasma-desktopDr1888.png
http://wstaw.org/m/2014/07/25/plasma-desktopZs1888.png
)

=> I wonder if there is a way to get more verbose information to find
out what exactly is wrong.

Regards

Gregor