Senior Design Project

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Aug 7 00:13:23 BST 2014

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 12:57 AM, Yang Jing Ren <yangjingren at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, my name is Yang J. Ren, and I am currently a Senior studying Computer
> Engineering. For my Senior Design Project, instead of working around old
> projects and ideas, I was hoping that my partner and I can instead focus on
> contributing our efforts to giving back to the open source community, from
> which we take. We are short on ideas of what we, as individuals, can
> specifically offer in the development of this application, however, we are
> not short of enthusiasm. Given a set goal, and a mentor to offer us some
> occasional aid, I am sure that we can contribute. Specifically, we would
> like a project that isn’t too sizable, in which progress can be shown
> within the next few months. If anyone is interested in mentoring us with an
> idea in mind, please email me back. Thanks.
>
> Sincerely,
> Yang J. Ren

Hi Yang J. Ren,
I really appreciate the fact that you guys thought of the KDevelop
community and Open Source, despite lacking ideas (be careful with that!
;-)).

Anyway, as you'll imagine, there's many places open for improvement in
KDevelop. There's different areas to be improved but I would still prefer
if you could give it some thought. Have you tried KDevelop? How did it
feel? What was it lacking?

I suggest you get into a user mindset and try to predict his frustrations.
There's many areas not very well covered in our system: Embedded devices
development, Web development, Android, iOS.

Cheers!
Aleix