cppcheck plugin for kdevelop available

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Mon Nov 18 16:42:18 GMT 2013

Am Montag, 18. November 2013, 16:55:10 schrieb Milian Wolff:
> On Monday 18 November 2013 16:36:08 Werner Joss wrote:
> > Am Montag, 18. November 2013, 12:39:34 schrieb Leon Pollak:
> > > I compiled and made "make install" of the downloaded. Everything passed
> > > fine, but I do not see the plugin in the list.
> > > What else must be done to include it?
> >
> > might be a problem with wrong version in the desktop file for the plugin,
> > which does not match version of kdevelop (I just recently stumbeled again
> > over this when installing kdev-upload plugin)
>
> Indeed, that's the issue. It seems the plugin is developed against 1.5 - is
> that correct Leon?
>
> Use the new mechanism there to automatically adapt the plugin version to the
> KDevplatform plugin version you compile against, see our *.desktop.cmake
> files with the lines like:
>
>  X-KDevelop-Version=@KDEV_PLUGIN_VERSION
>
> Don't forget the configure_file line in your CMakeLists.txt.
>
> Note: The kdev-upload plugin does this as well since some time in its 1.6
> and master branches, so it should just work™. What version where you
> targeting Werner?

ah, ok, this post is helpful, thanks :)
indeed, my original desktop file contained:

X-KDevelop-Version=13

(I don't have any *.desktop.cmake files though)
which I had to change to 14 about 1 year ago when I installed in debian
squeeze, now I compiled it against kdevelop 4.5.1 in kubuntu 12.04 and had to
change it to 15
- I used 'find /usr -name "kdev*.desktop" | xargs grep -i version' to find out
what version my kdevelop is - 15 seems not self-explaining to me for kdevelop
4.5.1 ;-)
so I'll try the latest kdev-upload plugin source and hope the automatic
version adaption will work...

Werner