cppcheck plugin for kdevelop available

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Nov 18 15:55:10 GMT 2013

On Monday 18 November 2013 16:36:08 Werner Joss wrote:
> Am Montag, 18. November 2013, 12:39:34 schrieb Leon Pollak:
> > I compiled and made "make install" of the downloaded. Everything passed
> > fine, but I do not see the plugin in the list.
> > What else must be done to include it?
>
> might be a problem with wrong version in the desktop file for the plugin,
> which does not match version of kdevelop (I just recently stumbeled again
> over this when installing kdev-upload plugin)

Indeed, that's the issue. It seems the plugin is developed against 1.5 - is
that correct Leon?

Use the new mechanism there to automatically adapt the plugin version to the
KDevplatform plugin version you compile against, see our *.desktop.cmake files
with the lines like:

 X-KDevelop-Version=@KDEV_PLUGIN_VERSION

Don't forget the configure_file line in your CMakeLists.txt.

Note: The kdev-upload plugin does this as well since some time in its 1.6 and
master branches, so it should just work™. What version where you targeting
Werner?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff