targets aren't detected in custome makefile project

Baradé barade.barade at web.de
Sat Mar 16 17:05:03 GMT 2013

On Wednesday 13 March 2013 19:05:36 Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Monday 25 February 2013 01:04:35 Baradé wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > unfortunately none of the targets in my makefiles is displayed in the
> > project tree. Is this a limitation of KDevelop?
>
> Do you use a project with hand written Makefiles? What project manager do
> you use (see $yourproject.kdev4 -> Manager=...).
>
> Generally, is your project accessible to the public, meaning: Can I/we test
> it? Or can you create a simple example project that exhibits the faulty
> behavior?
>
> Cheers

[Project]
Manager=KDevCustomMakeManager

My Makefiles in subdirectories look like this:

COMPILER = clang++
SRCDIR = src
OBJDIR = debug

BINDIR = debug

LIBDIR = lib

SHAREDLIB = ../sharedlib

makeTestBuffer: BufferTarget 	TestBufferTarget
	$(COMPILER) -g $(OBJDIR)/Buffer.o $(OBJDIR)/TestBuffer.o  -o
$(BINDIR)/BufferTest

BufferTarget :  $(SRCDIR)/Buffer.cpp $(SRCDIR)/Buffer.h
	$(COMPILER) -g  -c -Wall  -o $(OBJDIR)/Buffer.o  $(SRCDIR)/Buffer.cpp

TestBufferTarget :  $(SRCDIR)/TestBuffer.cpp $(SRCDIR)/Buffer.h
	@echo "$(COMPILER) $*.cpp"
	$(COMPILER) -g  -c -Wall  -o $(OBJDIR)/TestBuffer.o
$(SRCDIR)/TestBuffer.cpp

They're called from the toplevel Makefile:
$(MAKE) -C $(BUFFERDIR) makeTestBuffer

Makefiles are lower case ("makefile").