debugger without a valid executable

Yngve Inntjore Levinsen yngve.levinsen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 10:32:49 GMT 2013

Hi,

This looks like some kind of weird usability issue. By accident I hit
the "Debug" button without having a valid executable defined. What
happened then was that I got a dialog warning me about this fact (good),
and an empty debug mode kdevelop with no way to exit (very bad?). In the
end I figured out that I could define a valid executable/debugger, then
start the debugger and stop it, in order to get back to normal mode.

Am I just missing some obvious button here? I even tried to close and
reopen kdevelop, but it was still insisting on this "empty debug" mode.
Screenshot here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2293502/kdevelop_nodebug.png

Using KDevelop 4.4.1, on KDE 4.10.00, Chakra GNU/Linux.

Cheers,
Yngve