new working set icons... not unique?

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Mon Dec 16 17:28:24 GMT 2013

Just upgraded to 4.6.0 today... the new working set icons are...
interesting. I'm not quite sure if the color is determined by the on/off
pattern (16 icons possible) or orthogonal (81 icons possible?). However,
besides that upgrading destroys any previous memory associations, the
new icons don't feel nearly as mnemonic; it feels much harder to
remember that a particular set is associated with "the blue rising
(left-to-right) diagonal pattern" than the old icons which were e.g.
"world", "alarm", "portrait", and so forth. (Especially as one could
creatively 'add all' to get a particular icon to be associated with a
particular working set such that there is some logical association
between the set and the icon, e.g. "improving the testing framework"
with "alarm".)

Worse, however, in one of my sessions I have the same icon twice but for
different working sets!

--
Matthew